Friday, May 7, 2010

My Week Recap!

Let's do bullet points, they make life more efficient :)
  • School - exam 1 of 4 in the next 2 weeks is over with, group presentation is submitted and will be presented next Monday. 10 days, people, I can do this!
  • p90x - I did Kenpo on Wednesday. Not bad, but I wasn't super pumped about it either. I didn't feel like I got anything "x"-tra (hah sorry) compared to Billy Blanks videos, but it was still a fun workout. Thursday I tried the AB RIPPER X. First, I love the name - it makes me feel like I did something reeeealllyyyy extreme. Doug just rolls his eyes when I talk about "THE AB RIPPER X!!" But wowza, it was only a 15 or 20 minute video and my abs were killing me! I'm definitely going to be doing this video every few days!! Since that wasn't too much of a workout, I stuck in the yoga video. It was an hour and a half long, but I just did the first 40 minutes. I'm still trying to get the feel of yoga...I definitely enjoy it, but I do NOT see how I am getting any type of workout from it. Either way, I'm going to keep doing it because I like it! I also went for a run, just for a mile to get some cardio in. Today I might do another p90x video, or just take a day off. We'll see!
  • My tacos were actually delicious!

Yes, I used cut-up wraps as tortillas.

This is the recipe I used, although I must say that I used it as a "guide" to get the right proportions of everything. I felt like it was a little underseasoned personally, but I like spicy foods (or maybe I should have measured things out, ha)!

1 lb ground turkey
1 tbsp chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp paprika*
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Brown turkey. Mix spices in a bowl and add to browned meat. I added about 2 tbsp of salsa at this point also because the mixture seemed pretty dry. I think it would have been good, but the only salsa I had on hand was a pineapple chipotle flavor, and it was a little too sweet for me! That's why I didn't add any on top either, and just stuck with the lettuce, cheddar cheese, and some greek yogurt (my newest obsession!). Still, a very tasty meal :) *I also didn't have any paprika, but I added more red pepper instead.

  • The parents are coming to Ada tomorrow. It's honors day and I'm being inducted into Phi Kappa Phi. I'm actually pretty proud of this one - I'm in a few honors societies, but most of them aren't that exclusive. This is for the top 10% of my class only, so the top 15 people. Anyways, my parents will be here for that and to move a LOT of my stuff out of my room so that moving out in 10 days will be much easier!
  • GO GAVS :)

No comments:

Post a Comment